How We We Collect and Use Information About You
When you access or use our Services, or otherwise engage with us, we may collect the following information about you. Within the last 12 months, we’ve collected and used the following types of information:
- Contact information: Name, email address, and phone number. We collect this information to provide you with Services, communicate with you about our Services, respond to your queries, and for the intended purposes for which you submitted this information.
- Job Applicant Information: Contact information, resume and job history. We collect this information as part of our job application process. Please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- Any other information you choose to provide: This includes pictures and videos, responses to surveys, and any other information that you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending us an email or completing a webform. We use this information to facilitate your engagement with the Services, operate, maintain, and improve our Website, communicate with you about our Services and company developments, provide and deliver products and services that you request personalize the Services for you, monitor and analyze trends in connection with the Services and conduct internal research and development.
Some features of the Services may require you to enter certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features or some or all of the Services.
We may obtain information about you (as above in Section 1) from other sources. Within the past 12 months, we’ve received the above referenced information about you from the following sources:
- Other sources, such as from publicly available sources.
In addition, our website, like most websites, uses third party tools, including cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies (“Tracking Technologies”), including Google Analytics, to provide and enhance the performance of our Services, facilitate and enhance user experience, monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services and conduct internal research and development. For further information about Google Analytics, please click here. The information we collect through Tracking Technologies includes:
- Details of the devices used to access our website, such as unique device identifier, browser type and settings, device type, and operating system information.
- IP address, and other information associated with your IP address such as your approximate geographic region.
- Date and time stamps, such as the date and time you first accessed the Services.
- Certain demographic information, such age, gender, and language.
- Details about the emails we send, such as when you open or click on them, and unsubscribe.
- Log data.
- Other information regarding your interaction with the Services, such as clickstream data, files viewed, and feature usage.
In addition to the specific uses of information described above, we may use all of the above information create aggregated statistical information, inferred non-personal information, and anonymized information to provide, improve, and develop the Services, including as we describe in our Terms and Conditions, to comply with any applicable legal obligations, to enforce any applicable terms of service, to protect or defend the Services, our rights, the rights of our users, or others, for the purpose of combating fraud, or to otherwise operate our business.
How We Share Information About You
We may share information about you (as above in Section 1) with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With vendors and service providers providing services to us or on our behalf, including information security vendors, information technology providers, and data analytics vendors. When you request us to share certain information with third parties.
- When you provide us with a testimonial, feedback, or review.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group.
- To comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- In connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction.
- To enforce any applicable terms of service.
- To ensure the safety and security of IDEAYA and our users.
- With professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firms.
Choices; Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, our website is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may control the way in which your devices permit the use of Tracking Technologies. If you so choose, you may block or delete our cookies from your browser; however, blocking or deleting cookies may cause some of the Services, including any portal features and general functionality, to work incorrectly.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you may be able to configure your browser settings to use the Services without some cookie functionality. You can delete cookies manually or set your browser to automatically delete cookies on a pre-determined schedule. In addition, to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, click here.
You may opt-out of receiving our emails by following the instructions in the relevant email communication.
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and necessary prosecution;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider);
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time or short-term uses.
Your Rights. Where applicable, if you are a California resident you may have the following rights under CCPA in relation to “personal information” we have collected about you as defined in the CCPA; these rights are subject to verification and any applicable exceptions:
- Right to Know/Access: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of certain personal information about you as described below:
- The specific pieces of personal information collected;
- The categories of personal information collected;
- The categories of sources from whom the personal information is collected;
- The purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information.
- Freedom from Discrimination: You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising any of the rights above.
To make a request in relation to the above rights, please contact us using the information in Section 8. To fulfill your request, we will need to verify your identity and residency in California, and ask for additional information and documents.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to personal information collected about you. To designate an authorized agent, the authorized agent must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
Third-Party Websites and Links
Please note that any information you send to us electronically, while using the Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Any information you transmit to us you do at your own risk.
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in the United States or in another country in which we, our agents, or our affiliated businesses maintain operations. By using this site, you understand information may be transferred outside of your country. The laws relating to personal information in the United States may not be as protective of personal information as the laws of the country you reside in.
How to Contact Us
7000 Shoreline Court, Suite 350
South San Francisco, CA 94080
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (650) 443-6209
Last Revised on February 14, 2022