This California Job Applicant Privacy Notice (“Notice”) details the Personal Information (defined below) IDEAYA Biosciences and its affiliates (together, “IDEAYA”, “Company”, “we”, “our”, “us”) receives about job applicants of the Company who are California residents (collectively, “Applicants”). This Notice also details how we process Personal Information about Applicants and your respective rights regarding such information.
This Notice takes into account the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its implementing regulations, both as may be amended from time to time (the “CCPA”). Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Applicant.
This Notice applies to Applicants whose Personal Information is collected by Company.
We may update this Notice from time to time.
Company may be contacted at the below for all questions relating to this Notice:
Address: IDEAYA Biosciences, Inc.
7000 Shoreline Court, Suite 350
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Attn: Human Resources
What Personal Information Does Company Collect About Applicants and For What Purposes?
Company may collect some or all of the following Personal Information about you as part of your job application with IDEAYA and we may use it for the following purposes:
- identity information such as your name, contact information, gender, citizenship, nationality, date of birth, photograph, protected classification characteristics under California or federal law (including race, gender, and social security number), passport or other unique ID number, proof of eligibility to work and details of any visa or work permit application, including biometric data, personal and family details, and medical and health screening details. We use this information to determine and validate your qualifications and suitability for employment, verify your eligibility to work, obtain references, screen your educational and professional background information, conduct background checks, improve our recruiting process, create an employment record and communicate with you;
- contact details such as home and work address, phone number(s), email address(es), emergency contacts, beneficiaries and next of kin. We use this information to contact you and for personal administration including maintaining your contact information and processing your application;
- information with respect to your previous employment and qualifications, such as, date of hire, employee category, full/part-time status, qualifications, references, resumé(s) or curriculum vitae, language(s) spoken, background checks (including education, professional licenses, civil and criminal records, regulatory matters, directorship, and credit checks) and membership of professional bodies. We use this information for employee management purposes;]
- health information regarding yourself and your family, including physical and mental health or condition, vaccination status, medical and health screening details, disabilities, meal preferences and food allergies and records of benefits entitlements and utilization. We use this information to assess your qualifications for work and administer certain benefits, make certain health and safety reporting, and otherwise comply with our legal obligations;
- information required in relation to anti-bribery and sanctions as well as other compliance purposes, including details of political contributions, gifts and entertainment provided or received, outside business activities, and litigation or other legal matters. We use this information to comply with relevant legal, regulatory and administrative obligations;
- compensation, interests in funds sponsored by Company or its affiliates, benefits and other financial information, including current and past salary details, your bank, or other financial institution account details, tax/social security number, bonuses, expenses, pensions, corporate credit card details, payments to family and dependents and court judgments. We use this information to administer salaries, wages, bonuses and benefits, to reimburse expenses and to ensure compliance with relevant legal, regulatory and administrative obligations;
- information related to travel for the purposes of the working relationship, including driver’s licence details, passport details, special meal requests and travel preferences.
- We receive information about you directly from you, as well as from other sources including benefits providers, past employers, recruitment agencies, compliance monitoring agencies, career websites, and public searches. To the extent that Personal Information about you is processed for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring, such Personal Information shall be provided in anonymized form.
How Does Company Use Applicant Personal Information?
Your Personal Information will be handled by Company in accordance with this Notice.
Your Personal Information may be retained in accordance with the policies and procedures of Company adopted from time to time and (a) as required by law, regulation, legal or judicial process or audit, decision of a court or arbitral tribunal, decision of a governmental authority with relevant powers, or by the rules of applicable stock exchange or recognized market place, or by a regulator, or self-regulatory organization or pursuant to mandatory ethics rules applicable to Company or its affiliates (collectively, “Law”) or (b) as reasonably required in relation to any claim or investigation pursuant to any Law and/or any matter which may lead to such a claim or investigation (a “Claim or Investigation”).
Disclosure of Applicant Personal Information
We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- Applicants of the Company, for the purposes set out in Section 2 (What Personal A Does Company Collect About Applicants and for What Purposes?) above;
- Email and other services providers, including Microsoft;
- background check providers, to verify the information that you provided as part of your application;
- human resources information system and payroll services providers;
- medical, dental, vision, life assurance and disability insurance providers;
- travel agencies for the purposes of arranging employment-related travel and travel insurance providers including Direct Travel;
- visa applications advisers including Graham Adair;
- corporate credit card providers, including MasterCard; and
- cloud and other data management and storage providers, to store the Personal Information you provide and for disaster recovery services, as well as destruction of information;
- Where Company is under an obligation to do so by law, it will disclose your Personal Information to regulators, courts, the police or tax authorities, or in the course of litigation or other legal or regulatory matters. It may also disclose Personal Information to third parties in the context of any sale, merger or acquisition of a company or business in which the Company is involved. In some cases, it may not be reasonably practicable or possible to notify you in advance about the details of such disclosures. Company will use reasonable efforts to disclose the minimum Personal Information necessary in such cases.
Personal Information may also be disclosed to a third party such as your bank, mortgage company, lender, credit agency, other financial institutions, landlord, prospective employer, relocation company, visa or travel agency, but only with your consent.
Company uses a number of third-party suppliers (such as for occupational health, relocation services, visa and travel, training, IT service providers, human resources, expenses, payroll, legal counsel, accounting, tax advisors, etc.) to provide services to Company. Company will use reasonable efforts to ensure that such suppliers protect your Personal Information with appropriate security measures.
Last updated: February 14, 2022